Thursday, May 12, 2011

Check out this fabulous baby quilt I received as a gift from my sister-in-law.

Is that not one of the cutest blankets you've ever seen? The fabrics are adorable and the quilt is a work of art.

I've noticed there are a lot of similarities in trends for quilt fabric and craft paper. It inspired me to try to blur the lines a little with a layout inspired by this quilt. It was really fun and I used the fonts from the new Jillustration Sweet Nothings bundle.

The title font, LDJ Mac n Cheese, is really neat! Have you ever seen an outline script font like that? Jill, the artist behind Jillustration, really takes the cake with that font. The lowercase letters are the connecting ones, the capital letters are capped on the left side so they can start the word, and you need to type the right bracket ] to cap off the end of the word. So to type the title, I had to type: No], Thanks]. But seriously, it's such a cool result!

Other credits: "I prefer my fingers" in LDJ Jillberish, journaling around the outside in Scrap Casual, Papers from Lettering Delights Denim and Blue Jeans Paper Pack.

Where do you find inspiration for your scrapbook pages and cards?

No comments:

Post a Comment